Who are you I hear you ask!? Well, I'm Bethan and I'm currently a medical student at Cardiff University. I think you can gather from this blog that I might like all things Disney, and therefore back in June of this year I decided to apply for Disney's International Program. The summer of 2011 is going to my last (sob) long summer holidays at uni, and I had to ensure that it was going to be filled with magic. And there's nothing more magical than working at Walt Disney World...
Those of you who are reading this blog will probably already know plenty about the ICP, but it won't hurt if I gave a bit of a background to the program...
The ICP is an opportunity for students from all over the world to work in front line roles at the Walt Disney World resort in Orlando. It's not necessary to want to pursue a career within Disney in the future (although who wouldn't want that???) - the skills that you will develop through doing the program will prove invaluable, and I believe they will carry you anywhere! ICP participants will live in one of four apartment complexes located on Disney property alongside other cast members from all over the world. So you really are immersed in the magic!! The Disney ICP recruiters are keen to let us all know that this program isn't going to be easy - you will be working unsociable hours, and can work up to 60 hours a week at peak times. But to be honest...that’s all sooooo worth it when you are living and working in WDW right?!
There are a ton of reasons why I applied for the ICP - apart from being a Disney-holic! I realised that it's not just the attractions and surroundings that make WDW magical - the cast members play a massive part in this too, and I find it an honour to be involved in this. And now for the soppy bit...I also applied because I wanted to give something "back" to Disney - WDW has provided so many fantastic memories for my family and I, and I wanted to help give this experience to other guests too. Do you know what I mean??
I applied for the ICP all the way back in June, and 6 months later, my dreams really have come true!! But more about that in coming posts. The next couple of posts are going to be quite retrospective, just re-living the interview process and acceptance emails etc...I could have started this blog when I first applied for the ICP but i just didn't want to jinx anything ;)
So I think I'll leave it at that for now - over and out :)
No comments:
Post a Comment