Friday, 21 January 2011

In the news...

So while I procrastinate more from revision, I thought I'd drop by to give you the low down on some Disney related news that's cropped up recently.

First we'll start with the news about Disney's new cruise ship - the Disney Dream.

The christening ceremony for the Dream was held on January 19th at 10:30 am, and I was lucky enough to be at home to catch the ceremony being streamed live through the Disney website. With presentations from various Disney bigwigs, some funky dancing from Mickey himself, and some good ol' singing and dancing, it really isn't to be missed! You can watch a replay of the ceremony HERE (might take a while to load...).

Also, you can find a fab entry by the DISunplugged podcast group HERE. By the way, if you are interested in Disney but haven't checked out the DISunplugged podcasts yet, then what are you waiting for?! Just search for "disunplugged" on iTunes. You won't be disappointed!

Secondly, some more information was released about the Fantasyland expansion that's currently taking place at Disney's Magic Kingdom. A press conference was held at Disney this week, where the imagineers shared some more artwork with the media. More details can be found on THIS Disney Parks Blog entry. I'd love to check out the Seven Dwarfs mine train that they are planning, but unfortunately, it looks like we'll have to wait until 2013.



Any excuse to make a trip to the World, ey?!

And last but not least: this week, Disney took advantage of the swarms of press in town for the christening of the Disney Dream, and held a press conference inside the Magic Kingdom. This is where the further plans for Fantasyland were laid out, as mentioned above. In addition to this however, they premiered the centerpiece of their “Let The Memories Begin” campaign: a photo projection show on Cinderella’s Castle, to celebrate Magic Kingdom's 40th anniversary. I think you'll agree, this is pretty spectacular! It'll be shown immediately before "Wishes", and makes a great addition I think. The effects are wonderful, and can you imagine the buzz you'd get from seeing your picture on the castle?! Make sure you watch the video! I just can't wait to experience it in the "flesh" so to speak... Here's the video of the premier:



No comments:

Post a Comment