Wednesday, 26 January 2011

Just a little update.

EXAMS ARE DONE!! I can’t tell you how good that feels... Well for now anyway! Just a term of lectures, two more exams and a dissertation to go before Florida!

Today’s exam was horrendous, but I had a lovely little package waiting for me when I arrived back at my house! My ICP t-shirt has arrived - and I LOVE it!

Ignore the clashy bed covers - IKEA special!

And a closer look at the wonderful logo created by Josh Parry!

Next on the list is the hoody – some people have received theirs already, and they look fab! The instructions for ordering your hoody along with the logo can be found at:
I started discussing with my parents how I would get to Gatwick Airport for my flight to Orlando, and we came to the consensus that I would catch the National Express from Cardiff to the Airport. I’m going to head up the day before so I can get some sleep the night before the journey, and so yesterday I went on the hunt for an airport hotel...

There’s plenty to choose from at Gatwick, don’t get me wrong, but I just can’t be arsed to have to lug my case around with me - I wanted something that was very close to the airport. Beth, is actually staying in the airport close enough? Um... YES PLEASE!

I think you’ll find that’s called the “Yotel”, and that’s what I have booked. Thanks to some recommendations from the DIS boards! Yotel provides small, cute cabins actually inside the Gatwick terminal – I think they’re based on those Japanese capsule hotels, but obviously not THAT small. I’d never fit my ass into one of those...Anyhoo, apparently, it’s “everything you would expect from a luxury hotel in a small space”. We'll have to wait and see - it'll be an experience nonetheless! It’s not for the claustrophobic, but it looks fun and I can’t wait! I booked a standard room for around £50. This is not bad considering I could just roll out of bed and LITERALLY be at check-in!

I think that's the corridor - I sure hope they have some sort of curtains on those windows...

The room

And now for some boring-er stuff...

I don’t think I’ve mentioned this already, but I’ve sorted out medical/travel insurance for the ICP. Exciting stuff i know... You have to be careful where you get your insurance, because just your bog-standard travel insurance doesn’t cover us appropriately. You have to make sure that you get insurance that covers you as a WORKER, and that the medical part of it meets the requirements of our Visas. There are probably cheaper deals available out there, but not to risk getting the wrong one, i went and bought it with STA. ICP participants get 10% off the insurance policies, and in the end I paid around £114. Not bad for peace of mind. In case anybody want’s to check out STA’s policies, here’s the link (blue policies): http://www.statravel.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/uk_division_web_live/hs.xsl/blue-travel-insurance-cover.htm

That’ll do for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment