What...no-one?!? Ha, that's what I thought! I'd actually be quite worried if someone told me they loved it....
And for those of you who don't know about our friend Beverly....
Our journey begins at "Club Cool" in Epcot; it is loved by many as a place to cool down and sip a free drink or two. Yes, that's right, I said FREE! It's a type of shop sponsored by Coca-Cola where you can sample some of the products they have developed throughout the world. In total, they have:

- Vegitabeta from Japan - a healthy vitamin drink
- Fanta Kolita from Costa Rica - a sweet, fruity Fanta
- Mezzo Mix from Germany - a non-alcoholic drink that is sometimes mixed with beers in Germany
- Krest Ginger Ale from Mozambique - a tasty ginger ale
- Smart Watermelon from China - a watermelon flavoured soda
- Kinley Lemon from Israel - a tasty, sweet lemonade with a hint of honey
- Lychee Mello from Thailand - a unique drink with an essence of lychee
All sound pretty good right? But there's one missing from that list....BEVERLY!!!
- Beverly from Italy - a non-alcoholic aperitif used to stimulate a person's appetite.
Many say Beverly is an acquired taste that nobody ever seems to acquire, and is often said to be a Disney rite of passage. It is well known that guests who have read up about Beverly before their trip, will catch unsuspecting victims in their group with something like: "Oo, have you heard of Beverly? I've read that it's amazing - we have to try it"... And then bleurgh!!
It is also somewhat of a tradition to then capture your loved one's "Beverly face" immediately after knocking back the devil beverage. These are some of my favourites that I have found on the DIS Boards. They say it all really.....



But my favourite ever Beverly face photo?

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!
So what on earth can taste this bad? What does Beverly taste of? Well, it's quite hard to describe - it just tastes like Beverly. You can definitely say it's bitter though... Here a couple of things that people have likened Beverly to:
- Alkaseltzer
- The worst cough syrup that you can ever imagine
- Gin (haha ?)
- Earwax
- Powdered aspirin
- Garbage
- Hairspray
- Turpentine
I'm really selling it to you aren't I?! You really have to try it though - even if it's just to get the obligatory photo of your Beverly face!
You never forget your first Beverly....
No comments:
Post a Comment