The first email was to remind us of what our role would be at Walt Disney World this summer. Not that I needed reminding.... it's all I've thought about since receiving the acceptance email at the beginning of December! As I mentioned previously, I will be an attractions cast member (part of Operations), and our list of duties include:
Operations
Working in one of the following areas:
Attractions
• Working at one or more of the "rides" or theater shows
• Loading and unloading Guests from an attraction
• Operating sophisticated ride systems
• Memorizing and delivering lengthy narrations to large groups
• Working with FASTPASS ®, the ticketing system that distributes attraction ride times
Main Entrance Operations
• Greeting all Guests who enter the park, operating turnstile areas
• Selling various ticket media at our water parks, Downtown Disney® or Disney’s Wide World of Sports® Complex
• Strong knowledge of Walt Disney World Resort ticket media
• Using computerized ticketing systems
Above role also includes:
• Monitoring Guest flow and providing a safe Guest experience
• Retrieving and arranging strollers
• Assisting with audience control, including during parades
This role will guarantee lots of guest interaction, and apart from being able to work for the Walt Disney company itself, it's this that drew me towards the program!
The email also stated that we were also able to pass work location requests to Disney, but of course, they couldn't be guaranteed. I'm sure I'd have the BEST summer wherever I was placed, but it wouldn't hurt to submit a request right?!
This was the hard part...how on earth can you narrow down all the attractions at WDW into just a small few to submit?? After much deliberation I whittled my huge list down, and submitted these locations:
> Pangani Forest/Discovery Island trails (Animal Kingdom).
> Innoventions (Epcot).> Jungle Cruise (Magic Kingdom).
> Pirates Of The Caribbean (Magic Kingdom).
> (Last but not least) Honey I shrunk the kids movie set adventure (Hollywood Studios).
So, work location requests submitted - CHECK!
The second email arrived yesterday, and was to tell us that our Disney information packs were on their way! Wooooooooooooo - finally! As I mentioned in a previous post, amongst other things, the packs will contain all the paperwork to get our visa applications underway. This is the only part of the whole ICP that I am not looking forward to, but at least once it's done it'll be a step closer to Disney! I've been reading some of the other ICPers experiences of the embassy appointments so far, and it pretty much seems that the day consists of waiting around for up to four hours for what is a 30 second interview. Boo! I'm planning to book my appointment with another ICPer, and hopefully we can just make a day out of it :)
And on another note....91 DAYS!!
No comments:
Post a Comment