Thursday, 10 February 2011

Cookie Monster!

So, what do we all know America for?

COOKIES!! nom nom nom...

OK, OK... and other stuff too... but I wanna concentrate on cookies for now!

And seeing as we're heading over there this summer, I thought I'd make the effort to cook me up something all American-inspired. I got particularly excited by one recipe, and just had to try it! It pretty much sounded like heaven in cookie form...

Et voila...

Photobucket

They weren't supposed to take on that spaceshipy sort of shape...

Yes my friends, that is an Oreo (mmmm!) inside a choc-chip cookie! What's not to like?!

They were amazing, and I promise they will change your life haha!

If anybody's interested, then here's the recipe:

INGREDIENTS:
115g butter
75g light brown sugar
110g granulated sugar
1 egg
1/2 tbsp vanilla essence
195g flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
chocolate chips
Oreos

1. Preheat oven to 160
2. Cream butter and sugars together with a mixer until well combined
3. Beat in egg and vanilla
4. In a separate bowl mox flour, salt and baking soda. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with the chips until just combined. Place a scoop of dough on either side of an oreo and shape with hands
5. Bake for 9-13 mins


These amounts made around 9 cookies for me, and whilst they're not friendly to the waistline (boo!), I promise you won't be disappointed! Go ooooon! Everybody deserves a little treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment