Wednesday, 23 February 2011

ICP Meet - Birmingham

Last weekend finally saw the arrival of the first ICP meet, which was held in Birmingham. And what a fantastic day it was too!!

I had organised this all the way back in December and I remember thinking then that it was aaaages away... but in all honesty, I couldn't believe how quick it came round! I hope the next four months go that quickly (116 days!!)!

I first met some of the guys at New Street Station - I completely underestimated how big this train station was, and I pretty much toured the streets and various shopping centres surrounding the station before finally finding the group! It seems that I have no sense of direction....

We headed off to the cinema where we met some of the other guys, and became a group of around 15 - such a great turnout, I was chuffed to pieces! Tangled 3D was first on the order of the day, and it did not disappoint! It seemed like a really short film (or was it just so good that the time flew by?), but it was so funny, and much better than I was expecting. It was a good ol' fashioned love story - a story that Disney does so well, and it's great to see them on such good form! The two non-speaking animals - Pascal and Maximus - were the characters that made the film for me, but it also helped that Flynn Rider was HOTT...


After the film, we met more of the gang in the Bullring, and then hit the Disney store. We had to get our fix somehow! We then headed for dinner in Nando's for chicken and chatting, before ending what had been such a fantastic day with the pub and Starbucks. The day whizzed by, and it was great to finally meet some of the ICP group. It felt strange, because it literally felt like I had known these guys for years....

So here's to the next meet! One's being organised in Manchester (March 26th), and one in London (April 20th). Can't wait!!


Photos are courtey of Becca Attfield - check out her "Mousecasts" HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment