Monday, 14 February 2011

Somebody Answer the Phone!

*Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring*

"Hello. Epcot speaking."

No, I haven’t gone crazy! I'm not sure if you know this, but you can actually phone the three red phone booths situated in the UK pavilion of World Showcase in Epcot! Awesome right?! You can see the phones in this shot of the UK pavilion:

The phone numbers for the three booths are:

Right Booth 407-827-9861

Left Booth 407-827-9862

Center Booth 407-827-9863

NB - Apparently, it is better to phone the centre booth as that phone is actually in the “open”, as opposed to the left and right booths where the phones are behind a door and harder to hear...

I promise you, this is no joke! I tried it with my Dad the other day – and it was so funny to hear the shock and surprise on those guests who braved answering the phone. We just asked them how they were enjoying their holiday and what the weather was like etc... They didn’t quite get that we weren’t phoning for somebody in particular and were quite confused, which just made it all the more funny! I know that if I was a guest walking past those phones as they rang, then it would really make my day!

When I’m at Epcot this summer, I hope to call the booths from my mobile phone – I want to be able to see the booths, but I don’t want people to see me. That'd be fun! Oh gee, now I sound like a stalker! Anyhoo, you know what I mean...

Go on, give it a go! It's quite a good way to get your Disney fix :)

PSyou can read some of people’s stories about phone these booths on these two threads over on the DISboards: here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment