Wednesday, 16 February 2011

Disney 30 Day Challenge - MISSION ACCEPTED

As mentioned on Suzie's blog, a couple of the college program participants have been doing the Disney 30 Day Challenge...

And I accept this challenge! I'm also extending it to all of you too!

So here goes..

Day 1 - Your Favourite Disney Character

I Minnie Mouse!!

She's definitely my all time fave - no doubt about it.

During the 1940s, she underwent a bit of a makeover (I’d like to say courtesy of Trinny and Susannah, but that’s probably not true), and was transformed from this:

Into the Minnie Mouse that we know and love today:

The bow wins over that kooky flower hat every day...

Minnie’s first appearance was in Plane Crazy where she is invited by Mickey on the first flight of his aircraft. She accepts Mickey’s invitation but not his request for a kiss mid-flight. Ha! Mickey eventually forces Minnie into a kiss (oo er) which just results in her parachuting out of the plane (you go girl!!). So to start, Minnie was depicted as resistant to the demanding affection of her potential boyfriend – but we all know that changed!

She also had the coolest pets; namely Pluto (OK, OK he started off as her pet dog “Rover”, but it is clearly Pluto!) and a kitten named Figaro (Pinocchio).

Minnie & Figaro...

Minnie is essentially THE style icon in my eyes, and I have been known to dress up as her a fair few times....


2 comments:

  1. Schweeet! Well done for planning to do it properly! If I don't think about it I blog everyday but when I do think about it I never do it lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I'm going through a bloggy phase at the mo :) I doubt I'll be able to strictly stick to each and every day, but I'll do my best :) I'm just thinking that when the "challenge" has been conpleted we'll be a month closer to Disney!

    ReplyDelete