Sunday, 13 February 2011

Farewell Toontown...

Toontown at Disney’s Magic Kingdom officially closed this weekend. Sob! Mickey’s Toontown Fair, which was alway meant to be just a temporary land, hosted a special cast member farewell event, and I can imagine that there wasn’t a dry eye in sight!

Mickey's Toontown Fair Cast Closing Ceremony from WDWNTube on Vimeo.

I’m really excited to see the changes, but you have to agree that seeing the characters leaving on the train like that was sooooo sad! Mickey, you have been evicted. Please leave the Big Brother house!

I personally, have really enjoyed my times spent in Toontown, but I constantly hear people saying that only those who have visited Disneyland (California) have seen the REAL toontown – apparently Mickey’s and Minnie’s houses there are fanctastic, and those at WDW didn’t come close. Hopefully one day I’ll get to see what everyone is raving about, but I’ll just stick to WDW right now....

Farewell Mickey’s Toontown Fair – you will be missed!



No comments:

Post a Comment