Hmmm. Now this is quite a tough one for me, as I’m not really a huge princess fan. But if I had to choose, I’d go for...
Cinderella

I love her story of going from riches to rags and then back to riches and royalty; it makes me think that she could make a good, well-rounded citizen having experienced the extremes of the socio-economic class system. I'm just kidding...but that was deep!
I also like how she never gave up on it all - despite becoming a servant in her own house, we are told in the film that “for in each dawn she found new hope that someday her dreams of happiness would come true.” And it’s all about PMA these days (no, that’s not the “Property Market Analysis” - I’m talking Positive Mental Attitude here!).
She’s also quite practical; despite believing in dreams, she also believed in actually doing something about them. Sort of in the way that when Prince Charming didn’t come to her, she went along to the palace to go and get him! That, and her also finding away to travel to the palace in a Pumpkin!


No comments:
Post a Comment