Monday, 23 May 2011

Somebody put a cork in that Volcano!

I hate it that we have to consider stuff like this, but seeing as this is affecting a couple of my fellow Disney ICP-ites, I think it deserves a mention.

Unfortunately, over the past couple of days, that bloody Icelandic volcano has decided to erupt again. Typical. This to me, is one of my worse nightmares - I am going to find anything that delays me in checking in for the ICP devastating, so my heart really goes out to those who are affected :(

Everything seemed fine and dandy up until today - people were posting reports on our Facebook ICP groups stating that in no way was this "ash cloud" going to be as troublesome as the last one. Apparently, the stuff that the 'cano is spewing out is heavier this time and not travelling so high into the sky (I never said I was technical!), and therefore wouldn't really affect aircraft at the height that they fly.

Well. We may have spoken too soon :(

THIS report on the BBC News website has stated this evening that a number of airlines have decided that they will not fly through Scottish airspace tomorrow (May 24th). And as luck would have it (or rather not), this day is also the next check-in day for the next batch of UK ICPers. The majority of the airports throughout the UK are unaffected at the time being, but those flying from Scotland are going to face some difficulties. British Airways is just one of the airlines that have cancelled flights in and out of Scottish airports until tomorrow afternoon, and I know many of our Scottish ICP-ers are booked on BA to fly Scotland-London, and then London-Orlando.

Guys, I am so sorry! I know a couple of you are now discussing whether you should either attempt to travel to Manchester seeing as it is unaffected, or whether just to sit tight. Just remember: chin up, keep smiling and keep thinking Disney! You will find a way! Strong swimmers, please raise your hand! I hope that if you are just hanging tight, then you will get bumped onto the next available flight. The length of the delay is not important, just as long as you get there :)

So on that note, I just wanted to wish GOOD LUCK to anyone and everyone who is leaving the UK tomorrow to check into the ICP. Once you get there, all this palava will be a long and distant memory!

Take care! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment