Sunday, 12 June 2011

BEGIN COUNTDOWN: D - 7 days

So. My last Sunday in the UK.

And that can only mean one thing! My last "Sunday dinner"! I have seen a lot of people posting on the ICP Facebook groups today about how they can't believe that it's going to be their last Sunday roast in a long while. I personally though, could take it or leave it - I'm not a huge "roast" fan, but I don't doubt for a second that because I won't be able to have Mum's Sunday lunch in Orlando (not sure how she would send it...), then it's probably something that I will crave the most.

Hmmmm. How can I lead this next bit in... Got it!

My favourite bit of a Sunday dinner is the Yorkshire pudding. And speaking of Yorkshire puds...



Hahahahahaha! Yes, I know that's mean, and I am partial to a bit of SuBo, but I just wanted an excuse to post this! This beats finding Jesus on toast! Or in a packet of cheetos...



So apart from searching through the freezer looking for Yorkshire puddings resembling Britain's Got Talent finalists, my last Sunday has been pretty quiet. I'm still recovering from yesterday though, so that's my excuse...

Yesterday, I spent all day with two of my best friends who I will shortly be leaving - and not just for the summer, as I have had to move out of my friends' house, and back to my parents. Anyhow, we had a great day together spent at the Gower! The Gower is a stretch of coastline around 30 miles from where I live, and it is breathtaking! It's a real example of Welsh beauty, and I couldn't wait to show it off to my friends who had not visited this particular area before.

So we donned our walking boots, and we walked. And walked. And walked!! We started off in a place called Oxwich Bay, and walked a couple of miles to reach the next bay: Three Cliffs. After scaling one of the cliffs (yes, as adventurous as it sounds. But not by choice!), we landed in another little bay (Pobbles) where we crossed a river and then walked a few more miles along the coastal path and into the village of Southgate. We had a fab little "homemade" lunch at some tearooms that we so luckily stumbled across, and then turned around and walked back. It may not sound like much, but it took us ALL day! And my legs ain't half feeling it today!!



I don't think this screenshot of Google Maps does the distance we walked any justice (from point A [Oxwich] to the village over towards the right of the picture), but it was easily 15-16 miles there and back! I would never have managed this a couple of months ago, so it really was some achievement for me!

My friends and I can never really go anywhere without some sort of mishaps occurring, and yesterday was no exception! To name just a few, we got yelled at by some angry golfers, and were practically chased by a line of cows that just started appearing on the path we were taking! All in a days work!

I really love this area, so I hope you won't mind me sharing a couple of photos of our day:











Welcome to Wales!

No comments:

Post a Comment