Thursday, 16 June 2011

D - 3 days

Guess what!!

It's my last Thursday in the UK!

I'm not gonna bang on about cold sore related stories again - I'm getting over that now...

But what I will bang on about is how I have NOW FINISHED BY MEDICAL GENETICS BSc. Can I get a "woop woop"?! It actually feels like I've been waiting for this day since starting the year-long course last October! And after this year out that I took to study medical genetics, I am now sooooo looking forward to getting back into Medicine in September. I've actually missed being let loose on the patients. And note to readers: try not to get ill in Wales - I'm going to be on placement in hospitals all throughout Wales, and I'm always on the lookout for lovely patients who'll let me practice and stick a drip into them. Or a catheter if you're lucky....

You think I'm joking don't you?!

So yes, at 10:30 this morning I had my "viva" exam - it's a spoken exam with a member of staff from medical genetics in Cardiff and an external examiner who is a professor of genetics in another university. It lasts around 30 mins, and questions are asked about your dissertation and about what you have learnt throughout the year in general. While I did OK (I think) on the questions that were about my dissertation (I did spend 5 months writing it after all!!), I totally screwed the questions about the "year's work". Boy did I talk some crap!! The viva is there only to "mark us up", as like I mentioned yesterday they can't actually take marks off us, so I'm not too bothered. Just glad it's all done and dusted and that I can finally start preparing and packing properly for la la la la la la la-merica!

I have to head back into university in around 30 mins to pick up my final exam marks and my degree classification. Eek! It's strange because in medicine, we don't really get classifications (it's pretty much pass or fail with a few "distinctions" thrown in) so this is new for me. And I really don't want to know. Maybe I'll be back later to tell you how I did? Or maybe I won't? Depends how bad it is :) ...

After the viva, I popped into town to run the last of my errands. I love to-do lists - felt so satisfying rushing about the shops ticking stuff off. I was on a mission! I finally got my dollars - didn't get too many though as they are just to tie me over for the Mears shuttle to Vista Way from Orlando International and any little bits and pieces I need. I'm taking the majority of my money on a FairFX card. I have no idea if I've posted this link before, but if you click through to FairFX using THIS LINK from moneysupermarket.com, you don't have to pay the £10 application fee to open a FairFX card.

I also promised myself that I wouldn't do any more clothes shopping before the ICP - mainly because I'll be buying loads in America, and my case won't allow it (it's already bulging at the seams - literally! The inside has ripped due to all my cramming)! But, being a girl, I caved and couldn't resist. So I ended up buying this:



LinkI like it because it's weird. Like me.

Something else made me chuckle today: a fellow ICP'er pointed out to me that if you search for "Disney ICP" on Google Images, my face comes up! Twice! So that's my claim to fame :) I don't know what to think... should I be scared lol?!



See! There I am: the first photo and the fourth photo...

So that's about it for today. Tonight, my friends and I are heading to the Las Iguanas restaurant for food and cocktails. LOTS of cocktails! It's my last night living with them, and the last time I'll see them for a loooooong while :( You can tell it's going to be a messy night!

Three days people. THREE DAYS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment