Sunday, 26 June 2011

Pre Disney Park Passes...

The first two days here in Orlando were pretty jam packed with housing meetings, training meetings, meetings to get your ID, blah, blah, blah! I would be lying if I said that these meetings were really exciting!

We hadn't received our Disney passes yet, and we hadn't come all this way to sit at home and watch TV after work! Therefore, we headed out to do something Disney, but free!

So, on our first night we headed to Downtown Disney! This was the first “Disney experience” of the summer, and it was amazing just driving under the Disney World sign. I probably should have taken a photo... A huuuuge group of us went – which was great – but seeing as the group was so large, it would have been pretty impossible to stay together and eat, and so we had to split up.

Downtown Disney

I'm in Downtown Disney! I'm excited!

Some of us walked all the way through Downtown Disney and ended up going to House of Blues. While waiting for a table, I felt the need to have my first every American alcoholic drink. I'd been waiting a long time for this, and what better first drink to have than a frozen margarita!?! It was gorgeous!!

Drinks at House of Blues

The food here was lovely, but I had forgotten how big American portions are – it demolished me! And that’s saying something! Seriously, I ate my chips and that was all I could have managed. I should have taken the rest home in a doggy bag, but I was so stuffed that I would have been sick if I'd had to carry it around all night.

It beat me...

After dinner, a couple us decided to head out for a few drinks around Downtown Disney seeing as it was one of our groups birthday. The best drinks were definitely at Planet Hollywood. We sat at the bar where I had a margarita (again. You'll start to see a pattern emerging..) while the others tried some of the more adventurous drinks such as the peanut butter and jelly shooter. Bleurgh! The place was so animated and the music was great – I’ve definitely gotta try dinner in there at some point!


Planet Hollywood.

Mmmm...

The second night was spent at Disney’s Boardwalk. We had a bit of a palava trying to get to the Boardwalk as the bus was so crowded and it was impossible to know where we were stopping. We completely missed our stop and before we knew it, we ended up at the Beach Club Resort. This meant that I got my first experience of a Disney hotel. Wow!! The beach club is stunning, and I can’t wait to spend one of my days off checking out all of the other resorts. If I can get a good discount, I may consider spending the odd night at different resorts...

Inside the lobby.

The beach.

We also got to go on our first Disney ride. Well, I say ride... it was really a boat. So more Disney transportation than Disney ride, but still, it was exciting! The journey took literally less than a minute though, taking us from the Beach Club side of the lake across to the boardwalk side of the lake. So, fun but short. We had dinner at Big River Grille where again, the portions were mahoosive and again I wasted a lot of food! Suzie came up with a good idea though which is to start choosing things that you know that you can take home with you and eat the next day if you don’t finish it at the restaurant. As we were having dinner, IllumiNations (Epcot's firework show) was going off across the lake – the first Disney fireworks of the trip! So exciting! Was a wonderful view to have while eating Dinner!

Despite not having park passes, there is so much you can still do in the Walt Disney World resort! The next day was the start of official paid training, and our Disney Traditions class. More about that in the next post...

PS - As I'm posting this, I'm getting ready for my first day working at Honey I Shrunk the Kids. Sooooo nervous! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment