Yes, I do have one last exam type thingy to be revising for, but when it's this close to moving out to Florida, stuff like that becomes pretty impossible to achieve.
Thankfully, I'm a crammer. So you can probably expect some stressy statuses/posts in the next couple of days.
Anyhow, back to the good stuff!
On Tuesday, I headed to Birmingham to meet with two of my ICP girls: Gabbi (vlogs here) and Vikki (Vikki's blog). We ate out at an Indian restaurant, where I was won over by free onion bhajis (always a good start!), and just generally had a fab evening with good food, good chat and lots of laughs! I hardly ever eat Indian food, but I may now be converted! Yes, I have to admit, I was one of those numbskulls who thought that I'd only be able to get a chicken curry or something. Thankfully, that has now been rectified. I had a lovely meat tandoori with bombay potatoes and salad - definitely something I'll try again!
Yay! Culture!
After food, we met with Kristian at the pub for more drinks and giggles! It really was a great night, spent with people who I felt like I had known for aaaaages. I'm sure I've said this before (but I do like to bang on about these things!) but people on the ICP just seem like really good friends of mine. Even on meeting them for the first time! If this is anything to go by, then this summer's going to be great!
The next "meet" took place today, where four of us just decided to head into Cardiff for a spot of lunch. You know you can always rely on Pizza Express vouchers for a good, cheap meal :) So I ended up spending the afternoon with Steven (vlogs here), Craig (beefcake blog) and Maeghan making sure that we checked out the Disney store of course!
We also checked out the new American candy store that had recently opened in Cardiff. Cleverly, it's been named "Americandy". See what they did there? I was a little disappointed with the store if I'm honest... as is always the case, this imported stuff is SOOO expensive. Around £7 for a smallish box of Lucky Charms?! Or something insane like that! In 10 days, I'll probably be able to buy my body weight in funky cereal in Walmart for that price. Don't worry though Mum... that wont happen. I'm going to eat other things too. Like Oreos.
I couldn't resist the drinks though, and ended up £1.50 lighter and with a can of Mountain Dew: Code Red. Worth every penny!
So yes. Another great meet. And I can't wait to spend more time with these guys when we get to Orlando. It was really strange saying our goodbyes today: "so... the next time I see you will be at the airport/on the flight/IN FLORIDA (!!!)". Think it's starting to hit home now...
But moving on...
It's only 198 days until Christmas. I know, that's not long!
In case anyone is wondering what to get me this year though, I thought I'd help you out a little. I'm pretty easy to buy for, but if you need a little guidance, here it is.
I'll take one of these please:
Yours for only $149.99. Bargain!
Yes, that is a Disney Inflatable Outdoor Movie Screen.
Granted, I don't have a garden big enough to hold a 14 feet wide, 11 feet high movie screen. Or a fancy projector. Or the weather in Wales to do crazy things like watch movies outdoors. But you know what.... it's just cool.
And don't worry Dad, it's self inflating so you wouldn't have to blow it up!
Just a thought!

No comments:
Post a Comment