My last Monday in the UK!!
I just realised that I am saying this as if I'm never gonna return! I'm only away for 3 months, so no doubt I will be having another boring Monday in the UK before I know it :(
Unsurprisingly, I had a pretty boring day today. And it's probably going to be the same story for the rest of the week too.
But what I did do today is PACK!!
I'm not gonna lie - it was a complete pain in the arse! I thought that I'd "enjoy" packing, seeing as it would be for the ICP and all, but nope. That wasn't the case.
The first ordeal (I say ordeal as if it was a matter of great importance - just excuse me, I'm probably being overdramatic!) was my bedding. I refuse to pay over $40 for bedding when I get to the US when I have been able to get everything here in the UK for less than £10! I had bought a vacuum pack but even when I had sucked the life out of it, it still took up quite a bit of room in my case. Instead, I decided to fold it all as small as I could and again suck all the juice out. But this time, I lay on top of it - I don't think it actually helped it get any smaller, but it sure was fun! The plan now is for that pack to go in my hand luggage which means more clothes in my main case!!
I hope to God though that the seal doesn't break on the vacuum pack while it's in my rucksack. Otherwise my bag is going to just grow and grow. Would be interesting trying to get that through security...
Yesterday, I also "narrowed down" what clothes I was going to take away this summer. All was fine until I actually attempted to get all that into my case. Wasn't happening! So today I narrowed down the "narrowed down" pile, and I think all is OK now. It's not so much the weight that's a problem, just the space. But I am too tight to buy another case at the moment, so I had to sacrifice some tops. I'm sure they'll forgive me.
I keep forgetting that for the vast majority of this summer I'll be wearing my Disney "costume" (yes, that's Disney lingo for "uniform") so probably won't wear half the stuff I'm taking. But I'm a girl, and taking too many clothes is what we do!
I have no exciting packing pictures to show you, so I'll just give you one of my nicely packed case:
Exciting, I know. It's just a shame that I now have to take everything back out to iron it...
Inevitably, my room now resembles a bomb site. You can hardly move in there! But that's typical of me - I may leave it like that as a little momento to my parents for the summer...
Bethan. Was. Here.


No comments:
Post a Comment