Friday, 17 June 2011

D - 2 days

My last Friday!! And my last night at home! Whaaaat?!?!?

As I predicted yesterday, I was still feeling the after-effects of last night this morning! But I had a really great night; lots of cocktails with friends who I have spent a crazy 4 years with :) They gave me a lovely poster that they had made which had lots of pictures of the six of us, but even then it still hadn't hit me that last night was the last night I was going to spend living with my mates. The drink probably didn't help that much...



One of many margaritas...


When it did hit me was this morning after I stripped my bed and my cupboards, leaving my room properly empty :( I have been told that I can still stay under the stairs at my friends' house so it's not the end of the world! Just call me Miss Potter!

Today, was designated as packing day. I absolutely hate packing - I wish I could just hurl everything into a bin liner and just take that. But apparently that's not the done thing :) So instead, I threw on a nice little playlist on iTunes, set up the iron and ironing board and just went hell for leather! Knowing that I was packing for Disney though, definitely made it all the more bearable and fun, and I don't think I have ever enjoyed ironing so much!



Before...



After...

The case is weighing in at around 22kg right now - the allowance is 23kg so I'm cutting it close. As always :) My toiletries bag weighs in at over 3kg alone - let's just say I need a lot of help in the mornings! I am a little confused though: when I did my "practice" packing, it all weighed in at around 19kg so I have no idea where the extra couple of kilos has come from...I probably went overboard thinking that I had lots of weight to use up - more clothes!!

Anyhow it's done now, and I just have my handluggage to pack. I can't actually believe that I am heading to Gatwick airport tomorrow afternoon. Somebody needs to come round here and slap me and make me realise that all this is kicking off THIS WEEKEND!! Hopefully, I'll meet up with Steven and a couple of the other ICPers that are also staying at Gatwick tomorrow night, and who knows, I may even get to guest star in one of Steven's vlogs (YouTube link for the vlogs is over on the left...)!

I also just had a lovely "goodbye" dinner with my family, and that reminds me - I need to print some photos of them. I'm gonna miss everyone so much :( but meeting up with lots of new friends will definitely help!

So, my last post from the lovely South Wales Valleys...



See you at Gatwick!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment